Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Blogging Through the Gospels Matthew 28

Scripture ~ Matthew 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

Observation ~ These ladies were up very, very early, in the dark of night, if they were ready and off to the sepulchre "as it began to dawn".  Up, moving, taking care of business, attending to their priorities, even if it meant getting up while it was still dark out.

I did this this morning.  No, not to tend a body, but to get Mr Perfect to the airport.  We left the house at 4:00am and I was back by 5:30.  But the only reason I did so well at that hour was because I knew I was coming home and going back to bed!

Application ~ Am I so willing to roll out of an extremely comfortable bed to tend to that which needs tending?

Prayer ~ Father, you know that bed is one of my favorite places to be.  Thank you, for waking me earlier these days and allowing that quiet time to myself in the morning.  Please always lead me to wake and tend what needs tending, and convict me when I don't.

More on this chapter here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29