Sunday, May 8, 2011

Blogging Through the Gospels Mark 3

 I had to laugh this morning as I read through Mark 3.  After yesterday's SOAP, it was interesting to read Mark 3:2 today.  And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him.  (Emphasis mine.)  They really did have their knickers in a knot and needed to get  a life!

OK, on to today . . .

Scripture ~ Mark 3:34-35 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!  For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Observation ~ I wonder if in his looking around he was looking for his disciples to point to as examples?
Regardless, it is whosoever shall do the will of God that he calls his brothers, sisters, and mothers via the spirit of adoption.  He is not ashamed of these.  We are to receive him, and submit our will to his in all areas.  Taking every single thing to him.

That requires quite a bit of communion, a life purposefully, deliberately lived in constant communion with him.  That's quite a habit, one I need to strengthen.

Application ~ It's time to be a closer sister, to deepen that relationship, and build the consistency of ongoing communion.

Prayer ~ Father, I'm so full of myself, so often forging ahead without even consulting your will, getting 'my will be done' in front of 'thy will be done'.  Thank you for your patience with me, never ending, so faithful.  Walk with me, and turn my face towards you.

Interested in more?


1 comment:

  1. ACK! And what was today's sermon about? Getting over my dependence on my own abilities and doing everything through Christ.

    OK, OK, I get the point! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29