Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blogging Through the Gospels Mark 14:1-42

Scripture ~ Mark 14:8 She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.

Observation ~ Ah yes, the woman with the alabaster box of spikenard.  The woman whom the others were murmuring about, her poor judgement in the use of this gift.  She is why I so love the first part of 14:8.  She hath done what she could:  This was what she had to offer.  The others may not have understood it, perhaps she didn't even fully understand it.  But Jesus understood it.

Application ~ When I am spoken of in the past tense, will anyone be able to say, "She hath done what she could?"  Yes?  No?  In some ways but not others?  One more thing to keep in the forefront of my mind.  I've got to make a more concerted effort to do what I can, even if no one else 'gets it'.

Prayer ~ Father, thank you so much for these lessons.  Thank you for the gift of Blogging Through the Gospels and the lessons they encourage us to dig out and think through.  I pray you bless Amy's efforts as she makes this available to us.  Lord, show me where I'm not doing what I could be, and when I do it, let it be to your glory.

Interested in more on today's reading?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29