Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blogging Through the Gospels

Matthew 9

Scripture ~ Matthew 9:35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

Observation ~ Jesus didn't stop, he was always working.  Always.  Just in Matthew 9 alone, the paralytic walked, he recruited Matthew, he met with and taught publicans, he taught John's disciples, he healed the woman with the issue of blood, he resurrected the ruler's daughter, he healed two blind men, and he healed the man who was mute and possessed.

Application ~ What an example!  I'm so much more likely to get my daily tasks done and then say, "All  done!"  Jesus was never done.  How much more could I accomplish?  And how encouraging is this to 'Just Do It'?

Prayer ~ Father, remind me of your example, especially when I'm leaning towards laziness.  Your diligence is amazing, and I pray that you grow me in this area of life that I may look a little bit more like you.

Interested in more?  Visit here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29