Friday, April 8, 2011

Blogging Through the Gospels

Matthew 6

Scripture ~ :6 . . . and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.  AND  18 :6 . . . and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Observation ~ Seeing double?  Me too.  If it's important enough to be in the bible, I had better take note.  If it's in there repeatedly, I'd best sit up straighter while I take a bigger note!

Application ~ It is so true, our character is who we are when no one is looking.  And I don't know about you, but the rewards of Christ are certainly worthy of my pursuit.

Prayer ~ Father, I'm so full of myself, what I want, when I want it.  Help me be more like you, especially when no one else is looking.


Scripture ~ But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Observation ~ Zētéō - to seek.  This is not a vague perusal.  Biblos.com shows the Greek to mean, "I seek, search for, desire, require, demand."  The helps word studies there shows, "zētéō – properly, to seek by inquiring; to investigate to reach a binding (terminal) resolution; to search, "getting to the bottom of a matter.""  These are all present tense.  None of this is past tense and done, nor does it talk about seeking in the future specifically.  This is ongoing and never ending desire and investigation.

Application ~ I can never stop actively seeking, there should always be something I'm investigating in God's word, seeking more, searching for something missing.  Always.

Prayer ~ Father, stoke in me that hunger, that desire.  Remind me to always have something under investigation, and build in me the persistence and diligence to continually seek it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29