Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blogging Through the Gospels Matthew 20

Short and sweet today!

Scripture ~ Matthew 20:26 . . . but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

Observation ~ 'Minister' in the Greek is diakonos, a waiter, servant; then of any one who performs any service, an administrator, and is used in either male or female form.

If I want to be great in the eyes of God, I must serve.  This will often mean getting over myself and what I want to do, and doing the things I'd really rather not, probably at a time when I really don't feel like it.  It also means that the things I do must be biblical.  Being a drug dealer with fabulous customer service is not going to cut it.  Every single thing I do must be held up against the word of God.

Application ~ Get over myself, get into the word, then do it.

Prayer ~ Father, you know my selfish heart.  Grow my diligence a little more each day that I may be a better servant and thus glorify you.

Looking for more on Matthew 20?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29