Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blogging Through the Gospels Day 3

Matthew 4

Scripture ~ Matthew 4:22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.

Observation ~ I can easily see an otherwise unattached person leaving their current position to follow a calling.  But what struck me here is that James and John left not only their family business, but their family as well, and without second thought.

Application ~ Sons are sent, daughters are given.  Given the example of sons, what am I doing to prepare my sons, who will - one day - be sent?

Prayer ~ Father, show me.  Sons are still so new to me.  Show me how I, in my mothering, can prepare my sons to immediately leave and follow you.

Interested in more on Matthew 4?  Visit here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29