Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
Clear Blue.  Zzz . . .


I am Wondering
Why do boys make things so much harder than necessary?
Is it a genetic marker?


I am Thankful For
A biblical marriage to a godly husband.
(That and he make me a massage/neck break appointment!)

I am Creating
A Pain Management System.
(Neck arthritis flare up from hell.  I love drugs and sleep, but with children it's just not the best way to go!)


I am Reading
The Complete Book of the Microscope


I am Praying
With thanksgiving.  A godly husband, a fabulous answer to prayer, I'm not burning in hell.  What's to not be thankful about?


I am Hearing
Dramatic sighs from a boy who doesn't want to do what I've told him to do.  (You know - that make it harder than it is thing?)


From the Kitchen
Yogurt.  DUH!  It is so easy I could shoot myself for not doing this years ago.  My bouillon strainer is on it's way and then we'll be going Greek.


Around the House
Back to routine cleaning.
I was pretty much down with pain all last week and my - the dust does build up.  And after reading what dust is from the Microscope book . . . um . . . EW!

We are Learning
That this is not our home, but the Lord's provision is perfect none-the-less.


A Few of My Favorite Things
Boys who pursue hugs of their own free will, have a great sense of humor, and teach me to be kind.
(That 'kind' thing does NOT come naturally.)


Plans for the Week
World Tour Wednesday and that's about it.
Trying to lay low, keep rest up and stress down.


On my Mind
A new path being set before us.
(YEAH!)

A Peek at My Life
Click HERE.  Rose is in the second row up, third from the left.  Daisy is in the same row, second from the left.  If you click to pages 30-31 you can access the article.  There is a nice mention in there about the girls' recent orchestra pit work.

Care to Daybook?

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, that dust thing... no matter how often I dust-mop, it's always there. No kidding, there must be the equivalent of a whole person under the beds, each and every month.

    Laughing with you about boys... YES! I seem to remember someone (possibly Donny Osmond, don't mock me!) saying something like, "You can tell me what to do, or you can tell me how to do it. But not both." Which would explain a lot, yah?

    I try to tell the boys (when I teach them something new) that there is always an easy (or at least easiER) way to do things, but sometimes they just don't want to hear it.

    Live and learn, I guess.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29