Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mental Miscellany


Keep the blog private or go public?

Sharing, being transparent, but toying with opening up a bit, but how public am I willing to go?  If I limit it, is it really transparency?  Where is the balance?

Women with books, but no wisdom.  Knowing but not doing.  Information, but no application or accountability.  No Titus 2.  We had no choice in the matter, but this is the foundation upon which we’re to build.  But one can not build without a foundation, which makes us the foundation layers, the founders.  Can we pour a foundation solid enough upon which our children can build even if we’ve never seen it done ourselves?

We’re pilgrims making our own way, blazing our own trail.  My, but one gets weary of the weight of the sickle.  Back and forth, muscles aching, blisters, repetitive motion injury, the same hurts again, and again.  And one is never really done.

1,000 Gifts
Twenty Wishes

A disconnected elephant.

Time to line up my bites.

3 comments:

  1. I think I will probably never go public with my blog. Certain people would have to be dead for me to feel safe again. Not safe in a physical sense, but in an emotional sense.

    arefreshingpause.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea the extent of your concerns with going public, so can't speak directly to that. But as far as "am I being transparent"... I don't think that's the issue.

    Transparent doesn't mean we spill everything to everyone.

    Meaning (in my eyes) you can be transparent without being public. You choose who you trust.

    That's not to say you should or shouldn't go public, just speaking to the transparency.

    I struggle with the whole transparency myself. Spilling some of my beans would mean spilling others. So I have to tread carefully. Not wanting to appear oh-so-perfect. I'm not!!! But not wanting to breach others' (usually family members') privacy.

    Working on revealing more of myself, though.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully nailed, as usual, ladies. Yes. My degree of transparency can not be such that it would tread into spilling someone else's beans.

    And the perfect thing? Yeah - me neither!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29