Saturday, January 8, 2011

Self - Diagnosing

Yesterday was a very productive day.  I got the crock pot loaded, challah in the machine and later braided and in the oven, vegetable stock made, brine made, got the pterodactyl turkey soaking, chased down some theater tickets, chopped and sauteed the ingredients for the stuffing, cleaned the living areas, did a good vacuum, etc.

And that was the end of that.

By late afternoon my back started spasming all around the spine, then the pain started moving out, wrapping it self around my back ribs.  For a while I thought it was simply sore muscles from the previous day's workout, but this is not post-work-out sore.  This isn't even worked hard all-day sore.  This is post-bad-car-accident-can't-even-lift-my-laptop-from-the-table-to-my-lap and please-shoot-me-now.  And the more I think about it, the more I realize I've felt this before, just not this bad, nor for this long of a period of time.

It hurts to move, be still, bend, straighten, twist, stand, sit, lie down, and sneeze, and all the symptoms line up quite well with spinal arthritis.  While it doesn't surprise me (at 40-something I've already encountered and managed glaucoma and am managing neck arthritis - both things that are more common in a 60-something year old), it doesn't make me very happy.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be off to the doctor on Monday.  If you think about it, please pray that whatever this is, that it is easily managed.  While laying around all day watching movies has it's perks, there are too many things I'd like to be able to do!

Off to have Mr Perfect help me wrestle the turkey ~ at least I know we're going to eat well tonight!  :)

2 comments:

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29