Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11

There's a plethora of lovely New Year's posts out there in blog land, gallant check lists of  things to do, achieve, acquire, etc.

This is not one of those.

What I do have is the end of a year that started with a coup de'etat, continued with mass destruction, and that has ended with my family left treading water in a void.  Yet through all that I find myself living a great life.  My husband is perfect, I have four blessings in the form of two young ladies and two young men, and there are a few precious friends who challenge me for the better.  Mercy and grace have abounded here.

While a few lists of goals have been made, they've also been flung quickly towards the recycle bin.  The likelihood of my loosing x number of pounds, being a kinder mother, or completing 2 dozen sewing projects this year are slim.  Not to mention that having an ends doesn't mean a thing if one doesn't have the means to get there.  And it seems to me that I need less of a list of things to check off, and more of a focus that can be applied to every area of life.

So here's where I'm going . . .

And that we study to be quiet
And to do your own business
And to work with your own hands,
as we commanded you;
That ye may walk honestly
toward them that are without
and that ye may have
lack of nothing.
1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

And when the path proves complicated, frightening, or tedious, here's what I'm resting in . . .

And David said to Solomon his son,
Be strong and of good courage,
and do it:
fear not, nor be dismayed:
for the Lord God,
even my god,
will be with thee,
he will not fail thee,
nor forsake thee,
until thou hast finished all the work
for the service of the house of the Lord.
1 Chronicles 28:20

(Thank you, Julie!)

 I know not what the ends will be, but leave that firmly in God's hands ~ right where it belongs.  In the mean time, these are my 2011 means.  We'll see where they take me . . . 365 days from now.

A Happy New Year to you all, my sweet blog friends!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FWIW, I like your "plain" look. Sometimes I tell myself I should just pick something plain and leave it be, but - sigh - I like to fiddle with it.

    LOVE that quilt you got! Did your mom make it? I've seen a tutorial for a circles quilt I may try someday, when I want to drive myself crazy... (curved seams!?!?)

    Love your take on New Year's goals. ;D

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29