Monday, December 20, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ~ bright clouds whisping in.


I am Thinking ~ I hope the title for Old Betsy shows up so we can get her on the market.


I am Thankful For ~ gifts of home grown, yick free, home smoked bacon!

I am Creating ~ not much.  Have not been in the creating mood lately.  Need new fabric, new inspiration, time, etc.

I am Reading ~ Raising a Modern Day Knight, Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half, Mediterranean Fresh, The Juicing Bible, Flatbreads & Flavors, the Garden of Eating.

I am Praying ~ for Dana.


I am Hearing ~ a 4-man kitchen cleaning crew.

From the Kitchen ~ Christmas Yummies!  Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies, Raspberry Linzers, Chocolate Malted Sandwich Cookies, Rum Cake . . .


Around the House ~ Girls are planning their first quarter of studies, I'll start on the plan for the boys soon.  Spelling placement tests - zzz . . .


We are Learning ~ We've know that we are outsiders - but we are now learning to what degree.


A Few of My Favorite Things ~ boys cranking on math, a surprising spelling placement score, an unexpected visit, girls learning how to manage the world in a safe setting.

Plans for the Week ~ deliver girls to pit orchestra practice, upper body massage, lessons/errands/gift delivery, rehearsal for Rose, Christmas Eve service (11pm - what were we thinking?), Christmas, another pit orch. practice . . .

On my Mind ~ Mary.  As in the mother of Jesus.  Such an amazing example.  I remember being days away from child birth, and had my husband said, "Let's go for a days-long donkey ride to the center of unfriendly-ville."  I would have had a problem.


A Peek at My Life ~ Pioneer Woman Short Ribs.  Don't you wish you wish we had some sort of aromatic smelling upgrade?



Care to Daybook?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29