Monday, November 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
Clear blue skies, very still, high of 71 today - yeah fall!


I am Thinking
I may want to get around to that seasonal deep cleaning soon before I procrastinate it to the point of not getting done.  Not that I've ever done that before!  ;)

I am Thankful For
My very steady and unwavering husband.

I am Creating
A clean master bedroom and a list of things I need to make for Christmas.

I am Reading
Backyard Homestead
Jewish Holiday Cookbook
A Desert Gardener's Companion

And I should be reading Return of the King

I am Praying
For safety for Mr Perfect as he travels today.

I am Hearing
Distant sounds of the girls practicing.

From the Kitchen
A double roast in the crock pot so I can feed the Fab Four tonight in between Youth Orchestra and ProMusica.

Around the House
Bedrooms are cleaned, boys studying, girls practicing, dinner in the crock pot.  I'll steal a shower while the offspring eat lunch.  Then off for a busy afternoon.

We are Learning
Endurance, and how to rest in the Lord's promises.

A Few of My Favorite Things
Stacks of books - everywhere.

Plans for the Week
Running around this afternoon, including picking up a dog that's staying with us for a while, orchestras tonight, picking up Mr Perfect from the airport, World Tour Wednesday, prep for the boys' birthday and Thanksgiving.  Oh - and CRANBERRY SAUCE MAKING!


On my Mind
I'm so glad I was raised by an engineer.  People who have disconnected thoughts and methods of evaluation that don't make sense drive me nuts.  (I've had a gal talking with me about home education, and the blowing with the wind has me about ready to step out!)

A Peek at My Life

Someone got her braces off!
:)


Care to Daybook?

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for crock-pots.

    Double hurray for braces off! (nice smile!)

    And triple hurray for orderly thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29