Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall Into Reading Questions 7 and 8

7How did you get into reading? When and how/why did you really become “a reader”?


I don't know!  However, I do recall a school friend who said she'd rather be outside doing something rather than sitting and reading a book.  I then thought, "Ew, it's hot and sticky and sweaty outside, I'll stick to the book!"



8.  Where do you get the books you read? Are you a faithful library patron? Or maybe a bookstore junkie? Do you exchange books with friends or family members?


I love the library and am always putting books on hold, browsing the front table with seasonal recommendations,  walking the aisles just to see what grabs my attention, etc.  Another opportunity for hit and miss surprises is a huge, local book sale every February.  I never know what I'm going to find.  Most of my classics, and a lot of fluff books for the children have come from this sale.  


When it's time to thin our our collection, half the books get donated back to the VNSA book sale, and the other half gets taken to a local used bookstore where we get credit for what we've taken in.


Amazon is my best friend for books that I hear about that I simply MUST own.


Mmm . . . VNSA Book Sale . . . 3 months!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what's the VNSA book sale? Being only 4 years in this city I still don't really know about a lot of local stuff. I would definitely be interested in that. As I'm looking at our library I definitely see that this year is the year of going through it and deciding what I want to keep and what I don't want or need anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29