Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fall Into Reading Question 9


Once you begin a book, do you feel compelled to finish it? Or have you been known to give up in the middle of a book, to walk away from a book that is just too annoying, boring, etc.?

While I really try to finish a book that I start, there are times when I simply can not wrap my brain around something.  Sometimes I stick it out for the sake of investment, and sometimes my time is invested better elsewhere.


Other times I have heard a book is good, or a classic or whatever, and part way into it I find it trash.  Classic or no, it's not worth my time and gets returned from whence it came.


I must admit to currently struggling with getting through my current book.  I enjoyed The Hobbit and Fellowship of the Ring, but really had to don the big girl panties to endure the torture that most call Two Towers.  Return of the King is proving just as torturous and I'm about ready to pack it in.  I've read 5 books or so while reading Return and each time hope to return to it with renewed gusto.

Not. Happening.

I think I'll continue chipping away at it through the weekend, but if things don't take a huge turn, it's being moved into it's place in my library and OFF my nightstand.

Unless, of course, the appendices explain Elvish.
If that's the case, maybe I'll simply skip the rest of the story and read the appendices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29