Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Into Reading Question 6



Where do you love to read? Note: I don’t mean where do you actually do most of your reading, because that might be the carpool line, the work cafeteria, or even the bathroom (if you have to escape from a few small children in order to read a chapter of your book). I mean, what are a few of the places where you LOVE to read?

I love to read . . .



in bed.  With a drink on the trunk nearby, an adjustable light, several pillows, covers, a dog, on my own private California King-sized island.





on the futon in the family room, specifically this corner.  90% of my email, blogging, forum reading/chatting, facebooking, and research, etc takes place here.  And of course, the ever loyal book reading as well.





in the library.  (Don't mind Rose and Daisy back there.  They're pretending to do math, but really they're busy giggling.)


I kind of had to laugh . . . I just can't get into reading in the bathroom.  I mean - with so many more comfortable and pleasant places to choose from, I just don't get it.  As for the 'hide from the children' aspect ~ why not just train our children to be a joy to be around?  Or, put them to bed 30 minutes early to read themselves - then it's quiet and you can read too.  Or BOTH!  :)

2 comments:

  1. The book worm that I am, I read anywhere and anytime I can scrape a few minutes. However, the couch in my parlor is my favorite place. It is lovely, quiet (except during piano practice), light and bright and cheerful. In the parlor, with a book and a cup of black tea with a slice of lemon. That's me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bathroom is one place that I don't read... unless I'm taking a bath... which I haven't done in about a year. Otherwise I basically read whenever I can get at least 5 minutes to do it guilt free! Soft spots with blankets and pillows are the best though!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29