Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Thank You and Success!

Thank You

First, a huge thanks to all of you.  The Bridled Tongue was only shut down for a matter of hours before people started checking on me from various directions.  To send invitations I tried to contact people who I thought were consistent blog readers and the comments coming in with you here, via email, and facebook have been SO ENCOURAGING!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I really needed that!

Success

Yes, I know bazillions jive with the segregated training thing, and I'm so glad that it's proven a positive experience for them.

But it's not my thing.

This morning I was having a conversation with the girls and needed an example so I said, "Youth Group".

Rose said, "What's that?"

I was so happy I about cried!

5 comments:

  1. Love that response!

    A friend of Wyatt's keeps inviting him to his youth group and I'm really, really not interested. It's huge, it's loud, it's GO-GO-GO and I just don't want to go there. But Kerry doesn't get it.

    The youth pastor is a skater/snow-boarder dude. Nice, I'm sure. But a role model?

    Is there any substance behind the rock band (ahem, worship team) and flashing lights?

    I'd so much rather have my boys hanging out with the men, than a bunch of hormone-addled adolescents. *sigh*

    Glad you're "settled in" here :D

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're an Amazon Associate too! I just ordered a book through you. Since I can't get credit from ordering from myself I might as well help out friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - agreed. Mine thrive around men and turn into . . . less than men when around 'guys'.

    Jessica - thank you! I try to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes Youth Groups are really great. At NCC, for example, when I was able to go to Church, I would go to YG even when I wasn't a leader. Some of the most amazing people I know are there. I think it's also important for little boys to be little.. have fun. The camps we have... are amazing. The experiences, spiritually, making friendships, great activities.. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything! The leaders are incredible servants who love the Lord more than anything, it's awesome. Matthew has gone from a little boy addicted to not so little things, to a man of God. I think a lot of it is from the experiences he gains from YG.
    Anyways.. it isn't for everyone, I know. But I just had to comment because ya'll [I said that] are making it sound really bad!
    Just my two cents.
    Love you!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, many have been blessed by various segregated groups, and I'm so glad that the Lord has seen fit to bless man's efforts. It's just not for us, we try to keep things super simple. Love you too Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29