Monday, October 11, 2010

So Why Invitation-Only Napalm?

Let's just say it's what's best for my family, shall we?

I considered the cessation of blogging  all together, but I love it and I don't want to, so there!  :)  It was best for my particular situation to completely shut down The Bridled Tongue and move to a "gated community" as it were.  But a new blog requires a new title . . .

Lately I have been learning a lot about the world (in general) hating Christ and those who follow him.  I'm learning to not be surprised when the world hates me, nor when we're attacked - even from within 'the church'.  After a few years I've even learned to expect it.

Yes, initially it hurts and often causes a decent size upheaval of one kind or another.  But it is getting easier and easier to return to recover back to calm after the attack.

You see, if I am really doing something wrong, I expect a sister in Christ to quietly come along side me and offer constructive criticism or kind rebuke, with pure motive desiring to steer me towards a more godly path.

But if someone comes with an all out attack of twisted and/or vague, I know there is something wrong but the problem doesn't honestly originate with me.

So I am marveling not if the world hates me (I John 3:13) and am considering it all joy when I fall into various trials (James 1:2).  Because if these things are going on - it's because I'm following Christ and someone doesn't like it.  While it's too bad that someone doesn't like it, I'm ok with that because I'm following HIM.

Now, about the Napalm In The Morning thing . . .

Starting one's day with some sort of evil slung drama is not usually the way one would prefer to start a day.  But as I worked through the bomb that Saturday morning had for me I realized that there was victory there and it made me think of a scene in Apocalypse Now.


"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. . . .
The smell, you know that gasoline smell . . .
Smelled like... victory."

While some people love the smell of gasoline, I'm not one of them.  It stinks and I want away from it, thank you very much.  But now I can see that something that originally stinks and is explosive is often just the scent of victory in disguise.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.  Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?  I John 5:4-5.

So here I am, happily installed at Napalm In The Morning and anticipating the next victory in disguise.

And for the things that are explosive but aren't the next victory in disguse?

I have a fire extinguisher close at hand!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for inviting me! I would have missed you!

    I love this:
    "But now I can see that something that originally stinks and is explosive is often just the scent of victory in disguise."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are continuing to blog and thank you for the invitation. I'm honored.

    Cooking spaghetti sauce today as it is raining outside, so no outdoor activities. And it smells wonderful in my kitchen.

    Have a lovely week with the kids, dog(s), and Mr. Perfect.

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you for the invitation! I always enjoyed your Bridled Tongue posts and look forward to the ones here, too. As you know, I, too, am seeing that I must be doing something right if I'm being attacked - either by fellow humans or in a spiritual sense. If the alternative is to be comfortable but distant from the Lord...well, give me napalm any day! :^)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29