Monday, October 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside My Window
We've moved from overcast to down right cloud cover.  The delicious kind that may offer rain before the day is over.

I am Thinking
Yesterday's concert was amazing.  The sound was so good it gave me goose bumps for most of the performance.

I am Thankful For
Dear and encouraging friends.

I am Creating
A sewing list to get busy on for the holidays.

I am Reading
Raising Maidens of Virtue
The Two Towers (and boy - this book will just not end!)

I am Praying
For the humility required to not harbor bitterness.

I am Hearing
Daisy reading Carry On Mr Bowditch with her siblings.

From the Kitchen
And WOW does it smell good!

Around the House
My routine cleaning is done, children studying, boys on a new plan, girls coming down from their concert high this past weekend.

We are I am Learning
about the Holy Spirit.

A Few of My Favorite Things
Watching my children do what they love to do.
Good blogs.
Good bible studies.
Twisted Zinfandel

Plans for the Week
Youth Orchestra - feeding the fab four* - ProMusica rehearsals tonight, World Tour Wednesday, what could prove to be an interesting meeting Thursday, and time with seriously lovely friends on Saturday.

On my Mind
Kindness (STOP LAUGHING), mercy, grace, offering forgiveness, a lot of it, sorrow over sin, and an afternoon cappuccino.

A Peek at My Life
Gotta give you two peeks . . . my apologies, I didn't check the settings on my camera, so they're a little grainy.


This would be the Rosebud (violin)
just before the start of yesterday's ProMusica concert.


There is Daisy in the viola section.
(And please don't call her viola a 'violin',
it could get ugly.)  ;)

Care to Daybook?

*The Fab Four - the girls are in the youth orchestra.  They rehearse, then come home for not quite an hour, slam dinner, and then go back for ProMusica rehearsals.  There is a set of brothers that do the same thing, but they live farther away and can't get home to eat in between rehearsals.  So after youth orchestra, Mr Perfect just brings them all back here, the four musicians eat and then I deliver them back for ProMusica.  It's a fast hour, but fun.

6 comments:

  1. The girls look lovely and we were sorry to have to miss the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you plan an instrument? How did your children get involved with music?

    Not harboring bitterness. That is a tough one to surrender. BUT! We can do all things ♪ ♫ ♪

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the end of high school I was proficient in clarinet/base clarinet, flute/piccolo, and oboe.

    The girls always wanted to play violin. After seeing a Josh Groban concert with Lucia Micharelli, the deal was sealed. They've been studying for 6 years. About a year or two in, the oldest switched to viola.

    Bitterness ~ things people do/say make me crazy for about a week and then I'm done, but I'd like to shorten that up. They certainly don't deserve the energy, and I certainly don't need that week of sin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a tad busy, J!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29