Monday, October 11, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
clear blue skies, high of 94 this week, the slight breeze that is indicative
of fall in my neighborhood.

I am Thinking
tomorrow is the boys' 'gotcha' day.
3 years now . . . Fun!

I am Thankful For
knowing what I believe, what I think, and why.

I am Creating
a list of things to create!

I am Reading
the Lord of the Rings trilogy now that it finally arrived (Wednesday).
I finished Fellowship and start Towers today.

I am Praying
with thanksgiving for the protection of a fabulous husband.

I am Hearing
a ceiling fan humming.  Boring, I know.
Earlier I was listening to The Emperor's March from Star Wars when the girls were practicing their orchestra music.  And I wasn't even taking it personally!  ;)

From the Kitchen
balsamic vinaigrette chicken/carrots w/ red potatoes for dinner tonight.

Around the House
3 dogs napping (we have a house guest), children studying.
Not very exciting, but peaceful and productive.

We are Learning
about napalm,
how to finish strong,
dishonesty is pride,
how to think out loud,
how to 'dig out the diligent boy'.

A Few of My Favorite Things
going out to breakfast with Mr Perfect.

Plans for the Week
orchestra tonight, soccer starts Tuesday, World Tour Wednesday, business travel Thursday, an adoption on Friday, Sabbath, perhaps an interesting dinner guest on Sunday.

On my Mind
"There is in her and in this land no evil, unless a man bring it hither himself."
Aragorn in The Fellowship of the Ring.

A Peek at My Life


This is how I enjoyed one of the football games on Sunday,
napping with my new friend, Gidget.

Care to Daybook?

3 comments:

  1. awwwwww, gidget is adorable. Oh, and that is exactly how i enjoy the games, as well! :)
    Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're up and running again :D

    And hurray for LOTR! The boys have been so engrossed in it for months that I'm thinking of reading it again.... maybe after Christmas? :D

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to say... I love that picture.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29