Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Into Reading Update 3



Questions?


I totally forgot there were questions!

My apologies.  With the recent blog move, I've been a little off, bloggingly speaking.



Week 1 ~ What do you think is the biggest obstacle to your reading? What prevents you from reading as much as you’d like?


There is a limited amount of uninterrupted quiet.


Week 2 ~ What do you think about e-books? Do you engage in e-reading or do you prefer to stick to good ol’ physical books?


I like e-books and e-reading when I'm on the go, traveling, or caught in an unexpected wait.  I also like that I can get old classic academic works via e-books for which originals are no longer available in print form.  At the moment I can e-read via my itouch.  While not optimal, it beats lugging around a book while running errands, or being caught without.


However - don't think I'm getting rid of my print library anytime soon.  I love books, the covers and dust jackets and paper . . . delish!


Week 3 ~ Do you eat/drink while reading? If so, do you have some favorite reading snacks?


I try to not specifically connect food to things like this.  While I don't read as much as I'd like, I still don't need to be munching every time I read.  I may drink a cappuccino, iced tea, or water, sometimes wine.


Week 4 ~ Do you ever dog-ear the corners of book pages to mark your spot? Or are you a faithful bookmark user, refusing to damage the pages of your books? OR do you have another way to keep track of where you are in a book?


I'm pretty sure that dog-earring a page is blasphemous.  I keep pretty hand made cards that I've received and use those.  It's kind of fun to find the right card for the right book, and it gives me an extra smile every time I move the bookmark.

Thank you again to Callapidder Days for hosting this!

3 comments:

  1. #1 is so true!!!! Did you know that your the one that encouraged me to start a library for my family?! I read somewhere about you starting one and was like that's a GREAT idea so thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I'm so glad! I figure if I'm going to the expense to home educate, why not keep the books and help alleviate some of that expense for my children's future families?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh you are too funny, I knew there were questions posted, but didn't bother answering them on my blog - you ROCK! I match my book marks to my books, they go hand in hand in my eyes. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29