Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Into Reading Update 2

My Lord of the Rings Trilogy FINALLY arrived Wednesday.  While I was disappointed that the case was so damaged (poor packaging), the books were in fine shape.  (And yes, I'd get a new case, but of course I ditched the packing slip before I knew.  That part of the rookie mistake is entirely my own.)

So - The Fellowship of the Ring is DONE!  My laundry (that normally would have done on Sunday) isn't done, but the book is.  :)

And I've pretty much decided that I want to be an elf when I grow up.  I mean . . . look at this . . .

"But mortals have not been our study.  We have other business."
Lindir


". . . for we dwell now in the heart of the forest and do not willingly have dealings with any other folk."
Haldir

"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him."
Haldir

Yeah, yeah.  It's old and you've probably read it, everyone else has.  I tried to before but just could not get it going.  This time around is a lovely thing though.  And yeah - I'm pretty sure I'm going to be an elf when I grow up.

2 comments:

  1. I actually have not yet read this series. Maybe I will add it to my reading list because maybe I want to be an elf when I grow up, too :)
    Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to read these one day. Your quotes pushed me over the edge. That day might be a year or two down the road, but it's decided.

    I would totally be an elf. My hubs was stalked a few times when these movies were out b/c lots of women thought he was Orlando Bloom. It's a little scary when you're putting groceries in your car and people are starring at you and when they finally go to their own car they circle back around twice to confirm that you're not who they were hoping you were.

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29