Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
Strangely still, a few fluffy clouds.
Only 75 degrees today, yeah!

I am Thinking
our vacation can't come soon enough.
Except there's so much to do before we leave!
The calendar is out of control, and I'm about ready to refuse to put one more thing on it for MONTHS!

I am Thankful For
being cared for by people who don't even know my name.

I am Wearing
my wedding rings.

I am Creating
a journal for a swap.
Fun!

I am Reading
a little of this and a little of that.

I am Learning
there is a time for everything,
and I just have to wait.

I am Hoping
for the details of life to continue to
steadily fall into place.

I am Hearing
the soundtrack of 'morning'.

From the Kitchen
Peach Iced Tea.

Around the House
Just the standard routine-ish type things.

One of My Favorite Things
Zipping over to a friends' house for
impromptu margarita testing.
Quality control is important, you know!

Plans for the Week
Tuesday - family night
World Tour Wednesday
Thursday - help friend w/ menu/grocery stuff
Saturday - soccer game & a lovely family over for dinner

A Peek at My Life


Ricotta Honey Turnovers
YUM!

Care to Daybook?

4 comments:

  1. What do you use to brew your iced tea? I gave away my iced tea maker years ago and am now regretting it. I don't want to clean my coffee maker twice a day to make iced tea. I love Paradise Tropical iced tea from Trader Joe's. But I don't know how else to brew it except for my coffee maker?? And, you better post that recipe for the honey turnovers, quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brewing tea~I use a very complicated method that requires a ridiculous amount of extra kitchen equipment. I'll see if I can explain this clearly . . . ;)

    1. Get a pot, fill it with good water, and bring to a boil.

    2. Drop in a few tea bags or loose tea, the amounts depending on the size of the pot, and turn the heat off.

    3. Let steep until strong.

    4. Remove bags/strain tea leaves.

    5. Add Truvia.

    6. Pour over ice.

    7. Consume.

    I used to have a Let's Do Tea tea maker, and it was fabulous. But the heating carafe broke and is no longer. But really, the pot on the stove method works just as well, and I don't have to own yet one more piece of kitchen equipment that only does one thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I tell you what a ding-dong I am? I have an electric kettle that we use almost every day to boil water for hot tea. Duh! Drop in ice tea bags, boil, add truvia when cooler, poor into pitcher, add to frig. DUH!

    Thanks for the sanity! I am such a gadget person that sometimes I actually forget about the regular, tried-and-true method.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I'm not the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29