Monday, April 5, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
Wind, wind, and more wind.
We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

I am Thinking
I haven't had to say "You've GOT to be kidding me!"
yet today

I am Thankful For
having a fabulous husband,
and the protection he offers our family.

I am Wearing
chipped polish on my toes.
TACKY!
But yes, I'll spiff them up sometime today,
and yes, it will be some saucy shade.

I am Creating
purses, and they're really cute.

I am Reading
The Art of Eating In
We don't eat out much at all,
but it's still interesting.

I am Learning
to focus on the beautiful truth in my home,
rather than the ugly foul swirling beyond.

I am Hoping
for an amnesia-inducing blow to the head,
or
to come to the point where I can
simply go through the motions
without allowing constant foolishness
to impact me so much.

I am Hearing
children moving through the house
as they get ready for a day.

From the Kitchen
preparation to start soup for dinner tonight.

Around the House
Mr Perfect on a conference call,
4 children bustling,
just standard routine-type things.

One of My Favorite Things
Being reminded that false accusations are usually a sign
of one of two things.
1. That we're doing something right
and others are simply freaking out about it.
or
2. That others are messing up
and want to shift the focus off of themselves.

Plans for the Week
A budget advisement meeting tonight,
World Tour Wednesday
(starts at 8am tomorrow - shoot me now),
the rest is tough to say.
My neck is bothering me so it will be purposefully low key.

A Peek at My Life


Every boy needs a catapult.


Care to Daybook?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29