Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
clear, strangely still.

I am Thinking
I'd really like to be in a hot shower right now.

I am Thankful For
the security of my home in a world that just won't get a grip.

I am Wearing
my walking clothes still.
Mr Perfect is asleep and I don't want to wake him.

I am Creating
birthday gifts for young ladies.

I am Reading
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I am Learning
how to roll with the punches when there's no time to recover in between.

I am Hoping
for miracles.

I am Hearing
Activity in the kitchen as breakfast is being prepared.

From the Kitchen
orange bow knots for breakfast tomorrow.

Around the House
boys all gaining consciousness, sound effects and all.

One of My Favorite Things
long, hot showers.

Plans for the Week
Budget launching meeting to help a fabulous family with their finances.
Dinner in lovely company after church on Sunday.

A Peek at My Life

Sunday morning I woke in time to enjoy some reading. This sweet house guest friend joined me, but preferred to enjoy the quiet atop an extra pillow. And yes, he was cold, so he needed his own quilt too.

Care to Daybook?

2 comments:

  1. Great book you're reading!! I loved it and couldn't put it down! Oh, and long hot showers are THE best!
    Looks like a sweet pooch helping with the reading! awww....
    When are you coming back to see Mom?
    J

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29