Thursday, February 18, 2010

VNSA Book Sale, 2010

600,000 Used Books?

mmm . . . YES!

This year my mom was in town, so she joined the Rosebud and I on our annual pilgrimage.

Our perfected system requires light preparation the night before (collapsible wheeled crates and necessities only purses packed). That morning, a 6:15 departure and a drive through at Starbucks puts us at the fair grounds and in line by 7:00am. We shift out to run coats to the car and use the bathroom about 7:40. Once the doors open at 8:00, we gain entrance towards the end of the first wave of people allowed in.



I have never heard of The Curious Adventures of Jimmy McGee,
but it looked like a sweet little book, so into the cart it went.



The Boys Book of Ships - a must have for the boys.
If I can pull off a Jacques collection of hardbacks over the years, I'll be very happy.


The Castle Corona book in the group photo just above looked interesting. When I opened it, I fell hook, line, and sinker for the illustrations and illuminations. Yum! If the book stinks as written work, I'll add it to the books I'm keeping for when the children are established and I have time to play in paper arts.

This part of the stash came home specifically for the boys. Not exactly literature, but for now we're thrilled with their interest in reading and desire to practice.



This is the stash Rosebud brought home.
A few light-weight things, a few funny things, and a few chew on it things.

Annual fun with a bazillion of my closest book-fiend friends - LOVE IT!

See you next year!

3 comments:

  1. Nice stack of books.........wish I could have been there with you! And Mom.
    Jan
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the few people that I know that actually know about "The Education of Little Tree." It was given to me by a dear friend. The book itself and the circumstances in which the book was given have made it one of my all-time favorites. If you should find that you need/want another copy (paperback) I have one that you can have.

    Also, I was thinking about you as my dad has a bunch of books that need new homes. I think some of them may be interest to you. When we are ready to say "good-bye" to them I will get in touch with you and you can have first right of refusal. :) Then again... you may not be interested in them at all. I know some ended up at VNSA a couple of years ago. ha ha ha!!

    One last thing... I think I need to spend more time with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! We have an annual curriculum sale that I enjoy with friends. We end the evening with dinner and dessert and I look forward to it each year.

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29