Thursday, December 17, 2009

Vapor or Vesuvius?

I’ve never understood all the women who cry at the drop of a hat. Misty over this, and teary over that, weeping here, crying there, and often a few times a week. I have always felt bad for them, being so upset as to require tears over things so frequently!

When things bother me, I stuff it down, suck it up, and repeat. For a few months. Then it erupts. One morning I’ll wake up ready to kill someone. Not long after, a headache and neck pain will kick in. By this time someone’s mildly annoyed me so I’m then convinced that it’s me against the entire world.

If someone happens to notice and asks what’s wrong, I can not even begin to explain, because it’s a huge wall built up with months worth of hurts all collapsing, brick by brick, faster than I can sort through them. I can fake it through the first day to function, take the next few days to really get a grip and within the week figure out what in the world my problem is and what to do about it. In week two I’ve got it sorted and am well on the road to normalcy.

So – those ladies who shed a few tears here and there on a frequent and regular basis? I get it now. You’re taking advantage of your ability to slowly release the pressure of the vapor rather than blow to total destruction like Mount Vesuvius. You probably spend a matter of a few hours total in 2 months time dealing with hurts and evils, while it takes 10 days for me to explode, clean up the mess and recover.

I’m not feeling sorry for you anymore, but am instead rather envious!

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up as I sit here balling about another blog I just read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo understand what you're saying, my entire life I've been told I hold onto too many things, and then explode. I get it when you say it takes you days to identify the exact problem, and then figure out what you can do about it. In the end, it's never as big of a deal as I've made it out to be. I figure there's a reason I'm this way, and not as emotionally fragile as some, I just don't know what it is! I too am envious of women who can deal with things as they come, and not stockpile problems and emotions!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29