Thursday, November 20, 2008

Responses Part 6

Once you know your gifts, loves, limits, and availability then you can ready your responses when asked to do something.

If a request fits all specific parameters, “Yes, I’d love to! I take those projects on Fridays, would you like to come in the morning or afternoon?”

If it doesn’t fit any parameters, “No, I won’t be able to help with that.”

If it fits a few or is an odd situation, “Please tell me about it so I can discuss this with my husband.” After which it gets a, “Yes, I’d be happy to do that.” Or a, “No, that’s not what’s best for our family right now.”

Now - we're going to step back to 'Traps' for a moment. After we've responded there are frequently signs of entrapment. Beware!

Are you dreading doing something you’ve taken on?

Have you been throwing dinner together last minute a lot lately?

Are your children acting up?

Is your house a mess?

Have you been gone from home more than usual?

I’m sure there are more signs than that, but this is a good place to start. Sometimes the above symptoms arise from a necessary short stint of crisis or need. But - if this is the norm rather than the exception, double check where you are spending your time. Is it where the Lord wants you? Are you sure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29