Monday, November 17, 2008

LSI Renovation!

We've been home from Poland for over a year now. There were MANY photos taken during that trip, as we knew that was a once in a life time event, and the photos would also serve as 'baby books' for the boys.

Then - several months ago - Recollections went out of business and I went HOG WILD buying boy / travel / family stuff, paper, stickers, embellishments, etc that I would eventually use in the boys' scrapbooks.

Well . . . both boys have spent a lot of time lately looking at the few books I had done in the past - the girls' baby books, our wedding book, etc. Yet there is nothing with them in it. Think it's time I get to work on their book?

Anyway, when we moved into this house, the under-the-stairs closet got all the scrapbooking stuff, and Chaos overflow. Since we're changing Chaos a bit, I'll be able to get the fabric and sewing stuff out of here, and am going to change it into a functioning mini-scrapbook room!

I'm not yet sure what I'm going to do with the space, or how I'm going to do it, but here's from where I'm going to start:

The shelf above the rod.


The desk.


Fabric that will be moved to Chaos.

Under the desk.


The bottom desk drawer.


The middle desk drawer.


The top desk drawer.


The whole shebang!
The closet is 38" wide, 77" deep, and 59" tall.
The desk is going to have to stay - it's an already paid for working surface that needs only a small stool on which to sit.




I'm thinking not-very-deep shelves above the desk for embellishment stuff, and deeper shelves on that back wall for paper, stamps, and idea books. Peg board on the door with hooks for scizzors, etc. Frequently used items in organizers in the top drawer. Stickers? What to do about those? I have a monster sticker book, but it's not very easy to be hauling out and flipping through. Hmm . . .


And some sort of mini cutting table that can be at my right when I sit to work - that can be easily moved for access to the back wall of paper . . . how am I going to figure that out?


If you have any great thoughts, I'd love to hear them. This will definatley be a minimally funded thriftstore/craigslist for supplies type of project!







1 comment:

  1. I wish I had known that Recollections was going out of business. Granted, the last time I visited them was before Michael and Elena's wedding in June of 2007, but I did really love it. I recently drove by Babies R Us, and noticed that the former Recollections location was emptied out ... so sad! I'm glad at least that you were able to take advantage of their sale. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29